Today’s World Doula Week post topic is “Tell us about yourself”. Eek!
I don’t like to talk about myself. This works out perfectly because when I’m working as your doula, it’s all about you, the client. However, I accepted the challenge and so here are some fun little (non-birthy) tidbits about me:
1. I hate wearing shoes. Like, seriously hate. If it were socially acceptable to be barefoot all the time, I’d be first in line to jump on that! I do like a good pair of birkenstocks, though, so during the summer I sport those as a second choice.
2. I rarely listen to music made after 1979. Peter, Paul and Mary are among my favorites, as are Fleetwood Mac. My Pandora stations are mostly folk music, though my kids have convinced me to put a few “hip” stations on there as well.
3. From the age of 5 to around 25, I took classical ballet lessons. If you drive by my house sometime, you might catch a glimpse of me pirouetting across the living room. Considering it’s been years since I danced regularly, it may not be pretty to watch, but I can still do it!
4. I have five tattoos. For now. I enjoy representing different periods of my life with ink and although I have yet to commit to a large piece, there are plans in the works for a full back piece and a twisty leg piece. Lucky for me, an amazing tattoo artist (and now my friend) has a shop close to home. I wonder if she’ll have any babies in the future….
5. I recently tried aerobics for the first time and I LOVE it! It is the perfect workout class for me, with high energy and dance-ish moves.
So there you have it, five fun facts about me that have absolutely nothing to do with birth or doula-ing!
This WDW blog challenge is hosted by Not Just Nine Birth Services.